Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Me, On Swimsuit Season:

In the photo on the left was taken in the Bahamas. I could barely smile. My food allergies were out of control. My PCOS was causing me all kinds of physical pain. I hated every single thing I had to wear. Walking on sand killed body and left me exhausted. I felt SO slow next to my in-shape friends and I was too tired to cope. I'd bought that swimsuit from Spanx, because believe it or not, it was really slimming. It wasn't comfortable, but it was pretty, and my favorite color, and I was clutching at straws. I remember marveling every night on that trip how I could be so miserable on such a dream vacation.

The picture on the right was taken yesterday, Memorial day at Coney Island. I hadn't planned on going, but when the weather was so gorgeous I happily trip-tropped there. I bought the suit online, it fit straight out of the box. I love it. It doesn't have tricksy body hiding things about it, and it makes me feel free and happy to be alive, that could be due to the polka dots and the color, but it's most likely due to the fact that I'm 65 pounds lighter than I was last swimsuit season. I'll reach my absolute dream goal weight before next swimsuit season, but I plan to live this one to the fullest, and I cannot wait to show off my tan!

No comments: